Welcome to Bunabumali
Bunabumali Village is one of the most unique communities I have ever experienced. Houses are peppered on steep slopes connected by foot paths. There are no power lines and no cars. Mount Elgon high above catches clouds and rain comes and goes—- down pouring, then sunny minutes later. Banana trees and coffee bushes grow everywhere… as do children.
There are lots and lots of children. Norman’s family, which has 8 children of their own, adopted 10 kids— two homeless due to AIDS, and 8 that lost their parents in landslides. From 1997 to 2004… over 1000 people have died from landslides.
Cory arrived at the school with a chorus of children singing and clapping to welcome him. Three days later, was sitting next to the dead body of one of those kids, Doreen, aged 10, the last of three siblings to die from AIDS, leaving her mother weeping with us beside Doreen on the bed.
The place so beautiful… the people.. the mountains… everything. The project was a complete success. Made hammocks and the sewing machines work very nicely.
We have recorded many people in the village on video sharing their needs and requests to invite more visitors to come with their talents. Everyone in the village was grateful to have me there and I always felt safe. I was gifted three chickens and countless bananas, passion fruits, tomatoes, avocados, papayas, etc.
|Emmanuel Norman Nakhokho||
Emmanuel Norman NakhokhoDecember 30, 2010 at 7:12am
Subject: Annual report from Bunabumali project 2010
The most important steps for 2011 for Bunabumali to be on self running effectively
The utmost need is now to get self runing project which will make Bunabumali not worry of basic needs :
1. We need photocopier to make self income at the project
2. Finshing up the library so that children can read throughout
3. Making all classes look smart and clean we need shutters and seats
4. l need internet for at least monthly basis as l need to always have connection to the outside world.
Thanks are extended to the following organisations who have trusted me in delivering the services towards my project / children/ community;
1. Timedesk ( Netherlands) which is regarded the father of Bunabumali project having given more than l say list here but utmost is TOSHIBA Notebook
2. Cleanwaternow ( Nertherlands) which offered Bunabumali 2 Naide water purification systems and 2 solar panels
3. Action Hero Network ( canada ) which came in to provide 2 sewing machines and they are effectively helping in making uniforms and crafts for the project
4. FIMRC ( USA) which is is fore most going to offer bunabumali community with health unit to make life better NO more sickness
5. Volunteereast ( UK) Which has entrusted Bunabumali with volunteers and has opened up art and crafts shop to sell our products
6. Uganda community Libraries ( UGCLA- Uganda ) which offered the layout of community library and we hope to upgrade this to much grant next year 2011
7. Facebooks Friends whom l cant name here ie who have helped us attain the follwoing
a ) We started from Daddy's house now we have 18 classrooms, one Guest house and one playing room for children but under muddy and cowdung we need to make the project permanent
b) we started with Daddy, Mum and Emmanuel as teachers now we have reached 14 teachers
c ) We started helping 20 orphans and Needy children but now we have reached 200 children because of friends support
d) We managed to get three cows and three goats and our hens got sick and all dead we need more
e ) We managed to get Juice making machine of which we look forward for making the business up graded
f ) we have also managed to get Power generator and we look forward for making Video hall and get photocopier to make self income
We managed to welcome and Host 32 volunteers all from across the world of which they have been good enough in recommending more friends to Bunabumali and we welcome as many the next coming new year !
So am pleased for the confidence you have shown in mine and the willingness to support Bunabumali project Let us jointly continue withthe same spirit as efficiently so that l can always communicate with louder voice in facilitating the operations the way l have a professional status.
Let us join hands always to make wonderful progress
Emmanuel Norman N
Bunabumali ,Buwali ,Bubiita
Bududa P O Box 36021
Skype : norman.emmanuel